September was a good month for me - Seattle weather continued to impress me with gorgeous days, I turned 25 years old (gosh, I'm getting so old!), and I started dating a pretty fantastic guy named Craig :) Our first date was September 15th (the day after my birthday) - we met for coffee at my favorite espresso cafe, El Diablo, in Queen Anne, then headed downtown to do the haunted ghost tour of Pike's Place Market, and finished the evening with dinner at a trendy restaurant named Boka. Craig is a software developer originally from New Jersey (complete with the accent that I just can't seem to get enought of), who has great taste in music and is incredibly sweet and thoughtful. We enjoy the time that we get to spend together, trying new restaurants and activities out on the town. He's really super, and I feel lucky to have met him. He even TiVos Big Bang Theory each week so that I don't have to miss an episode! And watching the show with him is fun, because he enjoys Star Trek quite a bit, and explains little bits/blurps/references from BBT that I wouldn't normally have picked up on - adding to the humor even more. Yep, Craig is great :)
October went by in another blur of time. I began the month with a long weekend trip back to Fargo for NDSU's Homecoming. Allison and her roommate, Baylee, were nice enough to let me stay with them in their dorm at MSUM, and Mom & Dad made the trip up for the weekend as well. It was so great to be able to spend time with family (minus Michelle, who didn't make it up)...I've missed them all so much! Of course, Allison and I had to take a trip to Kroll's for late-night ice cream shakes. I also was able to spend time with great friends, who I've missed very much - martini's at the HoDo, the Homecoming parade and football game, and live music in downtown Fargo are a few of the highlights from the weekend.
Back in Seattle, October's events included a trip to a corn maze/pumpkin patch with Craig and some of his friends, my first karaoke experience, salsa dancing with Craig, viewing a collection of art by Pablo Picasso at the Seattle Art Musuem, and of course, lots of hours at the pharmacy. I continue to float from store to store, and am anxiously awaiting for a permanent position to open up somewhere - I'm ready for a store that I can call home. Flu shots are starting to slow down, but I still give at least a couple each day.
It's hard to believe November is already a third over! I had a day off last week, and decided to do a little bit of Pacific NW exploration. It was a gorgeous day, so I took an hour long ferry ride to Bremerton, WA. It was a beautiful trip, and I got to see a bit of wildlife - lots of harbor seals and some jellyfish. While in Bremerton, I walked through a couple of art galleries and browsed through an antique shop. I also spent some time taking in the scenery from Scenic Beach State Park. Great day off :)
Over the weekend, Craig and I had dinner at a dueling piano bar named Chopstix, located at the bottom of Queen Anne Hill. After dinner, we stayed and listened to the piano players for awhile - so much fun! I love that place.

This coming Friday, Craig and I are heading down to Portland, Oregon for the weekend to do some sightseeing and visit a college friend of mine who lives down there. We're both excited for the mini-roadtrip (Portland is only about a three hour drive from Seattle).
Other than that, not too much is new. I'm very excited for my upcoming trip home December 10th-13th. It'll be the first trip home since the move in June, and I can't wait! Let's just hope there isn't too much snow yet :)
No comments:
Post a Comment