Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Last Week of Rotation #1

July 13th-17th was my last week at Lloyd Center Pharmacy. During that week, I was able to spend most of my time in the sterile lab making pain pumps, TPNs, injectable products, and other sterile products. It was wicked awesome. I really enjoyed my time in there, and wish that I would have been able to spend more time in that lab. I also finished up the PowerPoint I had spent the last two weeks putting together on compounding rules and regulations, and on Friday I gave the 45 minute presentation to the other interns and the pharmacists that were working. My end evaluation went marvelously, and I receive great reviews from my preceptor...yay! I was ready for the rotation to be over with...not quite the type of pharmacy I want to be practicing in, but still a good experience for a short amount of time.

On a note not related to work, on Tuesday of that week, Jakob (from Colorado) flew in to Portland for a visit. He was kind enough to purchase a plane ticket and volunteer to help me drive to ND and than to CO, so that I wouldn't have to drive by myself. What a nice guy. He spent most of the week hanging out with himself (after all, I had to work!), but Friday night we decided to spend some time in Portland. After I got off of work, we met at Pioneer Courthouse Square, then took the streetcar to the south side of Portland. We ate dinner at the Spaghetti Factory (yum!). Afterward, we found Portland's Aerial Tram....a cable car that took us up to the top of a hill that overlooks Portland, Mount St. Helens, and Mount Hood. The view was fantastic!!! Definitely worth the four bucks.

It felt great to be done with my first rotation, and to have a week off before begining my next one in Colorado...time sure flies by!

No comments:

Post a Comment