Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Long Time, No Blog...Sorry!

Let me begin by sincerely apologizing for my lack of blogging this past month...I am so sorry! I guess I got busy, preoccupied, or whatever you want to call it. But I'm totally going to make up for it...hopefully...by filling you all in on what I've been up to!

Let's see, where did I leave off? After my 4th of July weekend in Seattle, I had another uneventful weekend at work, followed by another fantastic weekend. On Friday, July 10th, Justin Miedema (from Seattle) took the train down to Portland to spend the weekend chillin' with yours truly. After his train got in around 9pm, we headed to Pioneer Square (Portland's city center) and watched an outdoor movie showing of Indian Jones (it's been so long ago, I don't remember which one...maybe the Last Crusades???). The city had blown up a giant movie screen, and a couple thousand people were settled in to watch the movie. We got lucky and found an empty couple of chairs to sit in, and enjoyed the show :)

Saturday we headed back into Portland for a day of exploration. We visited the Rose Gardens, had an early lunch from a food stand selling amazing gyros, took a trip to Portland's Saturday Market, visited Powell's Book Store (an amazing place in Portland...the bookstore is huge, taking up an entire city block!), did some window shopping, ate a second lunch of wings at Buffalo Wild Wings (it's a BA tradition, and they don't have BWW in Seattle...we couldn't not stop for wings), toured an apartment (Justin is an architect, don't forget...and it was in a brand new building!), did a lot of walking seeing the city, saw a movie (Bruno, horrible, disgusting, easily the worst movie either of us had ever seen), and had a late dinner at Romano's Macaroni Grill (yes, we ate a lot that day...apparently we're glutons when we're together). It sounds like a lot of stuff to do all in one day, and it definitely was an exhausting day.

We had a little bit of time on Sunday before Justin had to be at the train station to return to Seattle, so we drove to a winery just outside of Forest Grove. Schafer Vineyards. I really, really enjoyed the wine there...they had a lot of sweet wines, and those are my favorite :) Of course, I had to buy a bottle for my collection. Before long, it was time to head to the Amtrak Station and say goodbye. Two fun weekends in a row...it was great!

Later that evening, my friend Steve (also on pharmacy rotation in Oregon) came over to hang out and have dinner. We had pizza and ice cream downtown Forest Grove. Greatness. Before it got too late, he had to head home...it was weird saying goodbye, because we are so used to seeing each other during school, and now wouldn't been seeing one another until the end of September. I really miss my friends. Oh well...the pharmacy career fair will be here soon enough, and then we'll all be reunited once again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment