First things first - we needed to run some errands. As we were on our way out the door, I realized that I didn't have the correct apartment key! We were locked out. I went to the office, but no one was there. So then I headed to apartment 18 (home to the apartment managers). I knocked on the door, and was greeted by a guy about my age. I just figured he was the guy I needed to talk to, so I began to tell my story of getting locked out. After asking if he could let me back in, he told me that I actually needed to talk to the guy that lived below him - I had gone to the wrong apartment! Oh well, at least I met a neighbor. Haha! No one was home at the correct apartment, so we just decided to get on with our day and try to get back in later.
We began our day of errands with the post office, then headed to Hillsboro to find the transit center for the Max lightrail. Found the parking ramp ok (free park and ride location!), and the stop for the lightrail, too. On Friday, Allison and I will have the opportunity to try it out as we head into the city. Then we ate a quick lunch and headed to Safeway to do a bit of grocery shopping. After getting groceries, I gave my pharmacy preceptor a call to get details for Monday (my start date). He seemed super nice, and that makes me really excited :) I've already heard that the people at this pharmacy are awesome...I can't wait to meet them. But then I asked about the dress code, and learned that I would be wearing scrubs. Shoot! I don't have scrubs! Luckily, Allison had the bright idea to check out the Salvation Army store just down the block. I was able to find two outfits (and a raincoat and umbrella, which I neglected to bring from home) for under $20. Thanks Allison!
I was able to get a hold of Kari, and she got in touch with her apartment manager, and found out that I wouldn't be able to get back in to the apartment until after 6pm, so Allison and I had some time to kill. We decided to check out a park that we had passed a couple of times in Hillsboro. It was a gorgeous park! Pretty flowers, huge tall trees, incredibly green grass, swings. It was super :)
Another errand - oil change for the car - and it was time to head home. We stopped at a food stand in the country that was selling fresh, handpicked Oregon strawberries...they smelled sooo delicious, it was hard to not eat them before we got home to wash them! Home and back into the apartment, and then we decided to head to the coast for the sunset. It was about an hour drive, but we'd had a busy day and wanted to enjoy the beach for a bit.
The drive to Cannon Beach, OR was breathtaking! An hour drive through mountains covered in evergreens, a quick trip down Hwy-101, and we were at the coast. The town of Cannon Beach is very quaint and probably a big tourist attraction during the summer, but tonight it was quiet, calm, and quick possibly one of the prettiest little towns I've ever seen. No wonder it's Kari's favorite place to go to the coast. We parked the car and walked westward...and then saw the ocean. Fabulous.
Finally, it was time to head home for the night. We made it back safely, cooked mac and cheese for supper, and now get to chill for a bit before bedtime. I love this place!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment