Sunday, June 14, 2009

Just Chillin'

Plain and simple - Saturday was pretty uneventful. It was a day to rest and get things done that needed to be done. We slept in. I had a quick meeting with the apartment managers, wrote out objectives for my rotation, and had lunch. Exciting :)

In the evening, we took a trip to FedEx-Kinko's so that I could print out my rotation objectives. Believe it or not, right next door to FedEx-Kinko's is a Trader Joe's (my favorite grocery store in the WHOLE WIDE WORLD!). I've never lived this close to a Trader Joe's before! They have great food (a lot of natural and organic foods) for a very low price...lower prices than what I would pay at an average grocery store. Now I know where to go shopping when I need food! I was beyond just a little excited, and I'm pretty sure Allison thinks I'm crazy. She just doesn't know what it's like to have a favorite grocery store yet. We're going shopping there tomorrow, so that I can get food to pack lunches. More good news - there's a Park and Ride lot for the Max really close to Trader Joe's, so I can park there on the days that I need to go grocery shopping after work. Super!

Then we ate a quick supper at Jack In The Box. Neither Allison nor myself had ever been to one...and we discovered that it was just basic, run of the mill fast food. Both of us ate for about seven bucks. Nice.

We continued our lazy day by coming back to the apartment, where I proceeded to plan our itinerary for tomorrow. I think we've got some pretty fun stuff in store for us :)

At 10pm, we drove into neighboring Cornelius to catch the late night showing of "Hangover" at the local theater. The movie provided us both with some good laughs, even though the humor was a bit crude at times. Now, we're back at the apartment and I'm finishing up laundry. Soon it'll be time to crawl into bed...yay sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment