Thursday, June 18, 2009

T.h.u.r.s.da.y.

Quick update...no pictures today, either. Sorry!

Same basic routine - commute in, spend 8 hours rotation-ing, spend a bit of time in the city, head home. At work today, I did a lot of research on the use of the hormone oxytocin in women for purposes other than inducing labor. Not a lot of evidence on this topic, but I found what I could. Then I worked with one of the technicians to develop a sublingual oxytocin tablet. We had a basic "recipe", but needed to calculate the amount of each ingredient, and work on developing a procedure. We weren't able to perfect the process or tablet before the end of the day, so I think the project will continue tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it :)

After work, I decided to find the Trader Joe's in Portland. I had talked to a guy a few days earlier, who told me that there was one near 21st and W Burnside (I had seen him carrying a T.J. bag, and asked if there was one nearby). So I headed in that general direction, and spent a long time wandering around neighborhoods and around city blocks. Finally, I asked someone for directions...turns out I was really close. After about 35 minutes of searching, I found Trader Joe's! And just FYI, Trader Joe's has the best chocolate soy milk in the whole wide world - I love it.

Another exciting thing happened while I was on this quest...I found one of the cutest neighborhoods in the city. There are really cute Victorian-style apartment houses, an artisan bakery, and several little restaurants and cafes. Oh, and there is a Trader Joe's in that neighborhood, which makes it even better :)

The commute home wasn't eventful. I think I'm starting to get used to it. Another quiet evening at home with an early bedtime sounds good to me. Tomorrow's Friday...it's almost the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment